Small Block Basic Application Info
Small Block Chevy Engines
These kits fit GM Gen I small block Chevy engines
Applications include a wide variety of vehicles from muscle cars and street rods to sports cars and late model trucks. Always use the "Kit Dimensions" located on the previous page as a guide for measuring fitment for your particlular application.
- Most Chevy blocks have drilled and tapped holes on either side of the harmonic damper, but a very few do not. All of our SB Chevy kits require these holes
- Our kits will not work with engines mounted with front motor mounts. Side motor mounts are required.
Additional Notes - Basic Kits
- Standard Basic Kits require heads with accessory bolt holes, but we have a special kit for heads without accessory holes. Contact us if you have this configuration
- Basic kits use two 6 groove serpentine belts (SCB02 kit has one 6 groove serpentine belt running from the crank to the waterpump and one 6 groove serpentine belt running from the crank to the waterpump and alternator)
- Basic kits can be used with electric and mechanical cooling fans
- Air conditioner compressors cannot be added to Basic kits. If you think you might want to add AC in the future, take a look at our Victory Series kits.